About the European Brewery Convention
Beer has been brewed for thousands of years with a step-by-step evolution in the science and technology leading to what we recognise as beer today. The European Brewery Convention (EBC) has played its part in developing methods for modern quality control procedures in brewing, malting and hop laboratories throughout the world. All technical aspects of beer brewing knowledge and scientific research in brewing science have been corner stones of the activities of the EBC.
- Commitment to knowledge creation and exchange in the fields of brewing, malting and fermentation science.
- Dissemination of brewing knowledge and research via EBC events such as the biennial EBC congresses and symposia.
- To maintain the output of the Analysis Committee for new and revised laboratory methods.
- To support individual technical projects involving the brewing sector at EU level.
- To maintain a European and global network of brewers, brewing technologists and brewing scientists and fostering cordial relationships with the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC), the Master Brewers Association of the Americas (MBAA), the Brewery Convention of Japan (BCOJ) and the Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD).
EBC Congress 2019
2 – 6 June 2019
The congress will be held at the Flanders Meeting & Convention Center Antwerp (FMCCA), an ideally situated congress centre near the main station and the zoo in downtown Antwerp. The EBC congress has been to Belgium twice: 1963 and 1995 (both in Brussels).
The call for papers is open from 25 May until 30 September 2018.
Other EBC Events
- EBC Symposium “Trends in Filtration“, 7-8 June 2018, Brussels
- EBC Symposium “Recent Advances in Hop Science”, 9-11 September 2018, Nuremberg & Spalt
EBC Congress 2017
Websites of The Brewers of Europe and EBC
The Brewers of Europe
European Brewery Convention (EBC)
Phone: +32 2 551 18 10
Fax: +32 2 660 94 02